- we need to understand our role as educators to be facilitators of learning rather than dispensers of knowledge,
- we must share power with students inside of our classrooms giving students opportunities to voice how and what they learn but to not abandon our educational responsibility,
- we must re-conceptualize the role of the content in our courses as a vehicle for developing learning skills in our students,
- students must be made responsible for their own learning, and
- students need to become involved in the assessment process.
I greatly enjoyed this book. The Jossey-Bass URL is: